Publications for Dr Sahota include:
Peer Reviewed Publications
- Resting Metabolic Rate in Homozygous Sickle Cell Disease. A Singhal, P Davies, A Sahota et al. American J Clin. Nutrition 1993;57:32–34
- Papulonecrotic tuberculide – a forgotten cutaneous manifestation of tuberculosis. E Tay, J Chinegwundoh, A Sahota et al. Hospital Medicine 1999;60(6):450–2
- Subcutaneous fat necrosis of the newborn associated with prolonged silent hypercalcaemia. A Sahota, D Paige. BJD Suppl 1999 141(55): 41
- Fluorescence Photodiagnostics and Photobleaching Studies of Cancerous Lesions Using Ratio Imaging and Spectroscopic Techniques. M Scott, C Hopper, A Sahota et al. Lasers Med Sci 2000;15:63–72
- Severe vertigo requiring hospitalization whilst taking low–dose oral methotrexate for psoriasis. V Swale, A Sahota. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2005 May;30(3):295–6.
- Joint hypermobility and skin elasticity: the hereditary disorders of connective tissue. Hakim AJ, Sahota A. Clin Dermatol. 2006 Nov–Dec;24(6):521–33.
- A unique presentation of immuno–osseous dysplasia. Hubbard V, Sahota A, Callahan B, Carr S, Paige D. Pediatr Dermatol. 2006 Jul–Aug;23(4):373–7.
- Vulval intraepithelial neoplasia and periungual Bowen's disease concordant for mucosal (HPV–34) and epidermodysplasia verruciformis (HPV–21) human papillomavirus types. A. L. Ekeowa–Anderson, C. A. Harwood, C. M. Perrett, A. Sahota et al. Clinical and Experimental Dermatology 2007;32 (3):304–307.
- Seasonal cutaneous sarcoidosis: a photo–induced variant. Wong S, Pearce C, Markiewicz D, Sahota A. Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed. 2011 Jun;27(3):156–8.
- Evidence and consensus based (S3) Guidelines for the Treatment of Actinic Keratosis - International League of Dermatological Societies in cooperation with the European Dermatology Forum - Short version. Werner RN, Stockfleth E, Connolly SM, Correia O, Erdmann R, Foley P, Gupta AK, Jacobs A, Kerl H, Lim HW, Martin G, Paquet M, Pariser DM, Rosumeck S, Röwert-Huber HJ, Sahota A, Sangueza OP, Shumack S, Sporbeck B, Swanson NA, Torezan L, Nast A; International League of Dermatological Societies; European Dermatology Forum. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2015 Nov;29(11):2069-79.
- Perceived benefits following completion of a clinical dermatology online programme for general practitioners. Goiriz R, Butler C, Rajpopat S, Sahota A, Hubbard V, Jolliffe V. Educ Prim Care. 2016 Jul;27(4):335-7.
- Cutaneous Mycobacterium abscessus infection following hair transplant. Eustace K, Jolliffe V, Sahota A, Gholam K. Clin Exp Dermatol. 2016 Oct;41(7):768-70.
- Smartphones in the dermatology department: acceptable to patients? Soriano LF, Jolliffe V, Sahota A. Br J Dermatol. 2017 Dec;177(6):1754-1757
- An evaluation of general practitioners learning preferences in dermatology. Soriano LF, Sahota A, Jolliffe V. Educ Prim Care. 2018 Jan;29(1):54-55
- Myths and Realities: Topical Steroids. A Sahota, M Rustin. Prescriber; June 2000
- Self assessment MCQs in dermatology. A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2006 vol 2(3):58
- Herpes virus infections. R Healy, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2007 Vol 3(2):32–4
- Diagnosing herpes viruses. R Healy, A Sahota. 2007 Independent Nurse Nov
- The management of pruritus in the elderly. R Healy, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2007 Vol 3(4):40–42
- Pruritus in the elderly. R Healy, A Sahota. 2008 Independent Nurse. June
- Photodamage in the elderly. D Rahman, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2008 Vol 4(1):30–34
- Diagnosing the acutely red leg. J Kirsch, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2008 Vol 4(2):26–28
- Non–acne uses of oral isotretinoin. N Talsania, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2008 Vol 4(4):36–8
- Dermatological emergencies. A Lee, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2009 Vol 5(1):12–15
- Diagnosis & management of BCC. F Ogilvie, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2009 Vol 5(3):29–30
- The acutely red leg. J Kirsch, A Sahota. 2009 Independent Nurse. May
- Common benign skin conditions in the elderly. N Hossain, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology. 2009 Vol 5(3):37–8
- Common benign epidermal skin conditions in the elderly. A Sahota MIMS Dermatology. 2010 Vol 6(1):20–22
- Benign dermal skin conditions in the elderly. V Hogarth, A Sahota MIMS Dermatology. 2010 Vol 6(3):29–35
- Skin conditions in the elderly. S Mansukhani, A Sahota MIMS Dermatology. 2010 Vol 6(4):48–49
- Pruritus in the Elderly. S Khan, R Healy, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology, 2012 Vol 8(4):29-32
- Clinical review of managing psoriasis in primary care. S Tettey, A Sahota. GP. May 2012
- Management of acne. M Rajpopat, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology, 2013 Vol 9(4):13-16
- Hairless lesion that developed malignant change. M Rajpopat, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology, 2014 Vol 10(1):30
- Worsening facial redness with flushing episodes. A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology, 2015 Vol 11(1):32
- Dermatology needs a makeover. A Sahota. Prescriber, 2015 Vol 26
- Umbilical nodule in an adult patient. J Thompson, A Sahota. MIMS Dermatology, 2016 Vol 12(1):36
- Psoriasis. A Sahota. MIMS Learning Dermatology, 2019 Vol 15(1):11-12
Contribution to 'The heritable disorders of connective tissue' in Hypermobility, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain. Eds Hakim, Keer & Grahame 2010
- GP Masterclass – lectures on skin cancer Nov 2005, Nov 2006, March 2008, November 2009
- Keep it in the Practice & lectures on common dermatological conditions Feb 2005/6/7/8, Jan 2009/10/11
- Leo symposium Birmingham – Surgical Pearls Sep 2009
- MIMS symposium London Nov 2008, 2009, 2010 & 2011
- BASHH 1st Annual National Genital Dermatology Course – surgical techniques. Nov2011
- BAD/St Johns Institute Annual Consultant Course – AK the ticking time bomb. Nov 2011
National/International Poster presentations
- Case of Segmental Neurofibromatosis – American Academy of Dermatology (San Francisco) 2006
- Case of White Hair Becoming Pigmented – American Academy of Dermatology (Washington) 2007
- Audit of Phototherapy at Whipps Cross Hospital – European Academy of Dermatovenereology (Vienna) 2007
- Are NICE skin cancer guidelines being followed in primary care? A review of current practice in an inner city setting. British Association Dermatologists meeting 2008 Healy, D. Rahman, K. Gibbon, A. Sahota and A.P. Bewley.
- Seasonal cutaneous sarcoidosis. S Wong & A Sahota. World Congress of Dermatology. South Korea 2011